3/4 Million Results...
One of the largest sailing and racing directories online. All the information you need in one place.
Leading Sports Nutrition on the water
For years we have witnessed sailors drinking a full range of juices and energy drinks, but most of the time sailors base their choice of drink on taste and possibly because it says ‘sport’ on the label. It is time to realise that what you eat and drink before, during and after sailing is vital to optimizing performance.
Photo © CrewFuel
Crew Fuel has now launched a range of products that has been developed specifically for sailors to optimise performance on and off the water. Although the physical demands may be different for a sailor crewing a keelboat round the cans to an Olympic level 49er crew to an optimist sailor, the basics of nutrition, energy and hydration are the same, some just need more.
Break the day down in to 3 Energy in take periods
- Before sailing- All sailors must ensure they consume the level of energy/ calories required for the type and level of days sailing ahead. Hydration is vital here also before exercise.
- During sailing- Every sailor will burn energy and lose Salts through any level of sweat, these must be replaced.
- After sailing- After any form of exercise everyone should replace nutrients, repair muscle tissue damage and prepare the body for the next days exercise.
The Crew Fuel products are aligned with the 3 time periods above.
- Before Sailing- Take a Crew Fuel Instant High Energy Meal for energy. Hydrate with water and Crew Fuel Instant Carbs.
- During Sailing- Drink Crew Fuel Instant Carbs, Caffeine and Electrolytes throughout the day for energy, hydration and salt replenishment.
- After Sailing- Drink a Crew Fuel Betta sleep and Recovery and Crew Fuel protein shakes
A sailors performance on the water is related to many factors but many of those you cannot control. A sailor should ensure they are as fit as possible and filled with the right energy and hydrated to ensure they perform at the optimum level. A car does not run without fuel which is the same for the body
Fluid makes up 70% of the body, therefore, our bodies need to be well hydrated for optimum physical and mental performance
Crew Fuel drinks and shakes are all easy to mix and ready to drink in 10 seconds, easy to prepare on land before sailing or on the water.
All products can be bought as single servings or in bulk pouches direct from www.crewfuel.com